TaraElla (also spelt Taraella) is a singer-songwriter and an author. She identifies as a classical liberal. She is also a keen supporter of marriage equality, a version of family values that is LGBT-inclusive (she calls this ‘adaptive family values’), and marriage privatization.
TaraElla: Music Plus Ideas:: Official Website
Indie Cultural Personality, singer-songwriter, author and thinker. My mottos: "Dream big and be a star in life!" and…
1 Political Beliefs
5 Freelance and Other Writing
TaraElla identifies as a classical liberal. More specifically, she has written extensively about a branch of liberalism called Moral Libertarianism, where the core principle is that each individual is to have an equal amount of moral agency. In practice, this leads to self-determination for all, as well as limitations on government power so that it is (ideally) no more powerful than an average private citizen.
How does liberalism’s dedication to distributing liberty equally make it a moral ideology? To answer this question, we need to first look at what liberty is. Liberty is the power an individual has over their own actions, their ability to put their ideas into action. Therefore, looking at it from a moral perspective, liberty is moral agency, i.e. the ability to act in accordance with one’s moral compass. An equitable distribution of liberty therefore ensures an equitable distribution of moral agency.
-The Moral Libertarian Horizon, Volume 1
TaraElla is a free speech advocate, a consequence of her classical liberal beliefs. Furthermore, she believes that political temperament is inborn, and there is value to both progressive and conservative views. Therefore, she believes in respecting each individual’s political temperament, and bringing different sides to work together towards outcomes that have broad acceptance.
TaraElla identifies as a classical feminist. She believes in equality for all, regardless of gender.
The TaraElla Films Series started in 2020. They are short films that explore specific topics in an in-depth manner.
TaraElla Report: The Moral Libertarian View
Reviving classical liberalism, putting the best of Western civilization to use in the 21st century. Note that classical…
TaraElla founded the WikiEqual project in 2017, which aims to improve equality of voices and information in Wikipedia.
Wikipedia Thinks it is Neutral. But is it, Really?
Wikipedia likes to think that it is a neutral source of information, and that its only function is to provide…
Why I’m making it My Feminist Mission to End Wikipedia’s Notability Policy
Wikipedia is arguably the most important source of information on the internet today. Many people begin their research…
- The Princess’s Spirit Trilogy #1–3: An Early 21st Century Liberty Movement Story
- 3 Movements (Feminism, LGBT Rights, Marriage Equality)
- Eastlands Dreaming
- The Moral Libertarian Horizon, Volume 1
- The Moral Libertarian Horizon, Volume 2
- The Moral Libertarian Horizon, Volume 3
- The Moral Libertarian Horizon, Volume 4
- The Moral Libertarian Idea
- Feminism Isn’t A Political Party: My Case for a Real Liberal Feminism
- Liberal Revival Now: A Moral and Practical Case for a 21st Century Back-to-Basics Liberalism
- Marriage Privatization: What, Why, and most importantly, How
- Princess’s Spirit Life Ideas #1: The Dreamers’ Guide to Life
- Princess’s Spirit Life Ideas #2: You Can Change the World Too
- Princess’s Spirit Social Ideas #1: Building the Princess Spirit World
- Princess’s Spirit Social Ideas #2: An Adaptive Family Values
- The Story of a 21st Century ‘Somebody’: Independent Culture Creation in the 2000s & 2010s
- Be A Star in Life: A Collection of Life Empowerment Articles
- Ideas for the World’s Future: A Collection of Cultural, Social and Politically Themed Articles
- The World Needs Marriage Equality Now
Liberalism is the most moral ideology. Liberalism will be left standing the victor, like in the post-war period, as…
- Love Is All Around Us (2011, re-released 2014)
- The Road to Where I’m Heading (2013, re-released 2014)
- Your Love Makes The World Beautiful (2014)
- 1986 EP (2020)
- Greatest Hits: 1986 to 2020 (2021)
Singles and EPs
- Beauty (2010)
- Anthem of Idealists (2012)
- The Real World is Overrated (2013)
- Not That Kind of Retro (2014)
- Right Now (Marriage Equality Song) (2014)
- Dream On (2016)
- The Princess’s Spirit (2017)
- Dream On 2020 / Year 2000 (2020)
- 1986 (2021)
TaraElla Computer System (TECS)
Freelance and Other Writing
TaraElla has written articles for different audiences over the years, explaining her pro-liberty views.
- Official TaraElla Website
- The TaraElla Show
- TaraElla Ideas Lab
- TaraElla on Thought Catalog
- TaraElla on Newslogue
- TaraElla on MuckRack
This information is available for use on Wikis and similar projects that wish to have a page on TaraElla, under the CC BY-SA licence.